Vancouver Criminal Law – Sexual Offences
If you have been accused of committing a sex crime, the stakes are massive. You may face years in prison. The damage to your reputation could last a lifetime. However, it is important to remember that you have rights. An experienced criminal defence lawyer can help you protect your rights and avoid the consequences of a conviction.
At Tarnow Criminal Law, we have the skill and experience in criminal law to effectively defend you against these types of charges. We have handled numerous indictable and summary sexual offence cases and have a proven track record of success.
Sex offences cover a wide range of legal territory. We defend clients against a wide range of sex crime charges, including:
- sexual interference;
- invitation to sexual touching;
- sexual exploitation;
- child pornography (making, possession, distribution);
- parent or guardian procuring sexual activity;
- sexual assault;
- sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party or causing bodily harm;
- aggravated sexual assault;
- select offences where it can be proven that the offence was committed with the intent to commit an offence of a sexual nature;
- attempt or conspiracy to commit any of the above offences.
If convicted of an offence that is deemed to be sexual in nature, you may be required to be registered as a sex offender by the Sexual Offender Information Registration Act (“SOIRA”).
We will carefully examine every aspect of your case to determine potential defences. Having handled hundreds of cases for clients throughout British Columbia, we know the avenues to a favourable result.
KNOW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
“Officer, I know my constitutional rights. Firstly, I refuse to speak with you, other than to identify myself. I further refuse to consent for you to search my person, or my residence, or my motor vehicle. I wish to speak to my lawyer immediately. If I am not under arrest, I wish to leave.”